What is Quivr?
“Quivr” allows students to receive data relevant especially for students, centralized in one Application. The application includes your own schedule, an abstract of friends’ class schedules (if enabled), restaurant information, data concerning the library occupation, information about internships and job offers, news facts by VETO and so on This Service is provided by Student Innovations VZW (“we”, “us”, “our”), both through a web and mobile Application.
More information about our organization:
Our vision on privacy
- The supply of personal data is a necessary requirement to enter into the contract. If you prefer not to provide this data, it is not possible to use our Service
2. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We will collect and use your Information solely with the purpose of fulfilling our objectives, unless we obtain your consent or if required by law. We collect three types of Information:
- Information explicitly provided by the User
Any data ‘explicitly’ provided by the User, including but not limited to: first name, surname and email.
- Information automatically provided by the User
Any data ‘automatically’ provided by you (the User), including but not limited to: browser type, IP address, number of login sessions, access times, date of first entry, date of last entry, operating system; brand name and type of computer, smartphone or tablet; telecom provider, global settings and regional location (no GPS coordinates).
- Information provided by the educational institutions
Any data concerning the User, provided by the educational Institution(s), required by Student Innovations VZW to perform our Service, like (but not limited to) your schedule.
Note that the operating system of your mobile phone or computer may, when using the App or browsing the Website, collect additional information. Such collection is not related to Student Innovations VZW and the latter will hence not accept any responsibility thereof.
3. HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
The aforementioned types of Information enable us to realise our purpose: making the life of students more efficient by creating digital applications, such as mobile applications and online solutions, making information more accessible and promoting the use of open data.
We will not use Information for other purposes than the ones stated above, save from those purposes that fall within the context of reasonable expectations. In particular, the Information is used to:
- Register your account;
- Establish optimal functioning of our service;
- Conduct internal research;
- Display personalised information such as announcements and information about activities, internships and job offers;
- Personalise your experience.
4. HOW MAY WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Without informed consent, we will not share your or any User’s Information with third parties. By sending or accepting friend requests under the Friend Option, you agree to share the (by you) indicated data (e.g. schedule hours) with other Users you add as friends.
However, we may need to disclose Information when we believe that the action is necessary to:
- Comply with law enforcement
- Respond to claims that violate the rights of third parties; or
- Protect the rights, property or personal safety of Student Innovations VZW, its members and the public
Finally, Information can be transferred in the context of a legal conveyance.
5. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
According to the Act of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy in relation to the processing of personal data, as a User, you have the right to:
- Obtain from us, upon proof of your identity, information on whether or not Information is being processed, communication of the data being processed, information about the basic logic involved in any automatic processing of Information and information regarding appeal rights;
- Correct any incorrect personal data relating to you;
- Demand for a limitation to the processing;
- Object to the processing of data relating to you, for substantial and legitimate reasons;
- Object to the processing of data relating to you without reason, if the personal data is obtained for purposes of direct marketing; and
- Obtain the erasure of or the prohibition to use all personal data that is incomplete or irrelevant or where the recording is prohibited, or where it has been stored for longer than authorised.
6. WHERE AND HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Your personal Information as a User will be stored on servers in the European Union.
It will be stored for a period of 5 years after last usage of the Application.
7. WHAT ABOUT THE COOKIES WE USE?
9. SEVERABILITY CLAUSE