WHAT ARE COOKIES AND WHY DOES QUIVR USE THEM?
As is the case with many other websites, we also employ the usage of cookies on our website and web Application “Quivr”, to provide a more user-friendly, effective and secure service. We know that, as a user of any website on the internet, you may be worried about the information you share online. What are cookies?
Cookies are simple text files containing a string of characters placed on your computer.
They are needed to help navigate automatic logins, password authentication, personal preference settings and a variety of other functions. These cookies might also be used for personalised advertisements, for instance by showing vacancies of our business partners. Cookies are necessary or at least highly recommended. Without cookies, you would have to re-enter all your information every time you revisited a website. Cookies make it possible for any website to remember your information and save you time.
WHICH DIFFERENT TYPES OF COOKIES CAN WE DEFINE?
- Essential cookies Essential cookies are strictly necessary cookies that enable you to use and navigate on our Website or App. These are used ‘in-session’ each time you visit the Website and will be erased when you leave our platform, so they are not used to track which sites you might have visited. These cookies do not identify you as an individual. If you do not accept these cookies, it may affect the performance of our platform. This category of cookies cannot be disabled.
- Non-essential cookies Cookies, which are not essential.
- Functionality cookies Functionality cookies allow the Website to remember choices you make, such as your language, user name or region where you are located, in order to offer improved, personalized functions. This category of cookies cannot be disabled.
- Analytical cookies These cookies, provided by Google (Analytics) and Amplitude, Inc. are used to collect information about how visitors use our Website or App, e.g. the amount of visitors and the pages they have visited on our Website or App. This information will be used in order to make reports and to help us improve the Website or App. This category of cookies usually remains on your computer until you delete them.
- Session cookies Session cookies are temporary cookies, which remain available only for the duration of your active session and are erased when you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies These cookies remain on your device for a longer period. The duration depends on the ‘lifetime’ of the specific cookie or until you manually delete them.
WHICH SPECIFIC COOKIES DO WE USE?
ON THE WEBAPP APP.QUIVR.BE
- _icl_visitor_lang_js: Duration: 1 month, Essential, Functionality, Persistent To detect the preferred language of the User
- amplitude_idquivr.be: Duration: 10 years, Non-essential, Analytical, Persistent To collect personal and anonymous data about you visit to the web Application
These cookies will not be used for any purpose other than the one stated. Although the User is offered the right to refuse this processing, such refusal shall not prevent any technical storage or access for the sole purpose of carrying out or facilitating the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or as strictly necessary in order to provide a service explicitly requested by the User.
HOW TO DELETE THE COOKIES ON YOUR BROWSER?
Each User is able to block all or certain cookies by modifying the settings on his or her browser. If you want to know how to do this, please look at the help menu in your web browser. Please bear in mind that, if you choose to block all or certain essential cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of the Website or App and the Service might not function optimally.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?