Terms & Conditions
1. SERVICE PROVIDER
- Name: Student Innovations VZW (non-profit organization);
- Address: Kesseldallaan 66 bus 401, 3010 Kessel-Lo, Belgium;
- Website: http://studentinnovations.org;
- KBO-number: BE0561923869;
- Email: [email protected].
- Service (also referred to as ‘Quivr’): the provision of information relevant to students, such as your own schedule, an abstract of friends’ class schedules (if enabled), restaurant information, data concerning the library occupation, information about internships and job offers, news facts by VETO and so on. This service is provided by Student Innovations VZW, through a mobile and web Application.
- User: every person that uses the Service.
- Website: includes www.quivr.be, www.studentinnovations.org and all their subdomains.
- App(lication): the mobile and/or web Application, providing the Service.
- Friend Option: setting that allows Users to share their personal schedules.
- Information: any data provided by the User to Student Innovations VZW.
All these defined words will be capitalised in the Terms and Conditions and must be understood in that way.
3. PURPOSE OF STUDENT INNOVATIONS VZW
Student Innovations VZW aims to make the life of students more efficient by creating digital applications, such as mobile applications and online solutions. By doing this, we aim to make information more accessible and promote the use of open data. The current realisation of these aims can be seen in the Service.
4. SCOPE OF APPLICATION
Before using this Service, the User must agree to these Terms and Conditions. The User thereby acknowledges entering into a legally binding agreement with Student Innovations VZW.
This agreement is legally binding whether or not the User is registered.
The User is free to terminate this agreement at any time by contacting Student Innovations VZW by email. Termination entails the removal of all Information in accordance with the Privacy and Cookie Policies.
Student Innovations VZW is allowed to terminate any membership if the User breaches or is at risk of breaching this agreement.
Termination never gives any right to a termination fee.
6. OBLIGATIONS OF STUDENT INNOVATIONS VZW
- Student Innovations VZW provides its best efforts to make sure that the information displayed on its Service is accurate and correct. Nonetheless, Student Innovations VZW cannot guarantee this. Accordingly, Student Innovations VZW accepts no accountability on the grounds of incorrect or inaccurate information.
- Any commitment that Student Innovations VZW enters into constitutes a best-efforts obligation, without guaranteeing a particular result.
- Student Innovations VZW does its best efforts to install appropriate means for the security, safeguarding and reparation of data and Information.
- Student Innovations VZW does not exclude the occurrence of technical difficulties and is not accountable for such difficulties.
7. OBLIGATIONS OF THE USER
- The User has the obligation to act in good faith and with due diligence and only provide correct and accurate information.
- The User refrains from any action that may lead to a disturbance of the functionality of the Service, including but not limited to: viruses, hacking and malware.
- The User will promptly inform Student Innovations VZW of any misuse of the Service within his knowledge, including but not limited to: fraud, the use of incorrect information and any behaviour that will result in a distortion of the flawless functioning of the Service. The User himself will, in any case, refrain from such misuse.
- The full functionality of the Service is only available after complete and correct registration. The User agrees to keep all login details strictly personal and makes the necessary efforts to create a secure password.
- Individuals must be at least 16 years of age to use our service and automatically declare this by using our service.
- The User agrees to keep any information, whether provided by other Users or by Student Innovations VZW, that is not publicly accessible, under strict confidentiality.
- The User is under the obligation to install appropriate means for security, such as antivirus software, for the safeguarding and reparation of data and personal information.
Student Innovations VZW is in no way responsible for the discontinuation of the Service. Student Innovations VZW has, at all times, the choice, for whatever reasons, to end any or all activities related to the Service.
Foreseeable and unforeseeable interruptions of the Service are possible due to the nature of the Internet, software, Internet providers and/or other internal or external factors. Student Innovations VZW can therefore not guarantee flawless functioning of the Service at all times.
Student Innovations VZW is in no way responsible for any consequences arising from the interruption or discontinuation of any, or all, services related to the Service, regardless of the cause of these interruptions/discontinuation. This includes, but is not limited to: loss of data and Information, loss of opportunities, loss of revenue, loss of time spent and emotional distress.
Student Innovations VZW is not responsible for the information published on its Service and/or any links provided that may lead to website(s) containing wrong or offensive information. Student Innovations VZW gives no guarantee for the accuracy or completeness of the information published on its Service.
Student Innovations VZW is not responsible for any behaviour of its Users and gives no guarantee for the quality, compatibility or safety of its Users.
Limitation of liability
Student Innovations VZW can only be held liable in the case of fraud, intentional error or serious misconduct.
The maximum contractual and tortious liability of Student Innovations VZW or its appointed persons, in the cases mentioned above, is limited to:
- 250.000 EUR to compensate all damage claims regarding the liability covered by the professional liability insurance. However Student Innovations vzw performs the Service as a non-professional and non-profit organisation, Student Innovations vzw uses the terminology of the insurance company and therefore uses the term “professional liability” here above.
- 1.500.000 EUR per damage case regarding the liability for damage of (non-entrusted) goods bodily injuries and consequential damage.
- 25.000 EUR per damage case regarding damage of entrusted goods.
- 250.000 EUR per damage case regarding the liability for immaterial damage.
Student Innovations VZW cannot be held liable for any other damages, including but not limited to: loss of a chance, loss of data, loss of customers, loss of image, loss of reputation, third party claims, staff costs, loss of clients or moral damage.
Student Innovations VZW is not responsible for any consequences due to force majeure.
Force majeure is defined as any event(s) or circumstance(s) beyond the influence/control of the parties to the agreement, which could not have been expected to have been taken into account, and prevent Student Innovations VZW from fulfilling any or all obligation(s) under this contract.
Should force majeure manifest itself or in the foreseeable case of manifestation in the near future, Student Innovations VZW has the right to indefinitely suspend the Service, partly or as a whole.
10. INDEMNIFICATION FOR THIRD PARTY CLAIMS BY THE USER
The User hereby agrees to indemnify Student Innovations VZW for third-party claims that are in any way related to Information, as provided by the User, or due to breach of contract.
It is in breach of this agreement to register with any Information that does not truthfully represent reality. The User will indemnify Student Innovations VZW for any claim resulting from the use of inaccurate Information.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The Service contains elements protected by copyright material, trade names and other proprietary rights, including but not limited to: database rights, rights in design, rights in know- how, patents, and rights in inventions, logos, images, photos and text. The User respects the intellectual property on the Service and refrains from any infringement.
12. KU LEUVEN DATA SERVICE
By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, the User also accepts the terms and conditions of the KU Leuven Data Service.
Among other obligations, the KU Leuven Data Service’s terms and conditions require Student Innovations VZW to inform the User that the KU Leuven provides no guarantee towards the validity, integrity or availability of data provided through the Data Service, as defined in the terms and conditions of the KU Leuven Data Service. The functioning of the Data Service is not guaranteed and can be changed or terminated at any time. The User therefore derives no rights towards the KU Leuven from using the Data Service, which therefore accepts no liability from the use or functioning of the Data Service.
The complete terms and conditions of the KU Leuven Data Service, although only obtainable in Dutch, can be found here: https://admin.kuleuven.be/icts/services/dataservice/gebruiksvoorwaarden.html.
13. SEVERABILITY CLAUSE
If any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions are invalid or unenforceable, this shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provisions of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
14. APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
Belgian law applies to these Terms and Conditions. Any dispute concerning the services of Student Innovations VZW shall be under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts and Tribunals of Leuven.